Visa Mongolia – Mongolian Visa, Immigration, and Work Permit Services

The prospects of traveling to such a remote place as Mongolia are daunting enough without having to worry about your visa.  Without an invitation from someone located in Mongolia a visa can be difficult to obtain, and arriving with the incorrect or no visa can start your trip off with a visit with Immigration officials.  ICMC will ensure you arrive at the airport with the proper documentation and get your trip started off right.

For traveling to Mongolia for the purposes of business or to work three types of visas are available:  B visa, HG visa or T visa.  All visas should be obtained from a Mongolian consul before traveling to Mongolia.  It is highly inadvisable to attempt to obtain a visa upon arrival at the airport in Ulaanbaatar.

Upon your arrival in Mongolia you must register with the Immigration Office within seven days, including weekends, if your stay will exceed thirty days.  If this is not done a fine of up to MNT 1 million (approx USD700) may be imposed.

Our Visa & Immigration Services

We have been assisting Mongolian and international companies with visa, work permit and long-term residency permits since 2006.  ICMC staff has a great deal of experience in dealing with the Mongolian Immigration Office, Ministry of Labor and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The Three Types of Visa: B, HG, & T

B visa – A B visa is a single entry business visa that is good for a visit of up to 30 days.  After arrival, it is possible to have a B visa extended to a year-long, multiple entry visa, good for 30 days per visit.  A B visa holder cannot legally work while in Mongolia.  These visas are for visitors attending meetings, conference, exhibitions and other similar events.  B visas must be sponsored by a legally registered Mongolian company.

HG visa – HG visas allow foreign visitors to work in Mongolia.  In addition to an HG visa, a work permit from the Ministry of Labor and long-term residency permit must be obtained in order to legally work in Mongolia.  Like the B visa, a single-entry HG visa and temporary work permit must be obtained before traveling to Mongolia to work.  Upon arrival, the HG visa will be extended for up to a year and a long-term work permit and residency permit will be issued.  Again, a fully registered Mongolian company must apply for this visa for all foreign workers.  A limited number of HG visas and work permits will be issued per company as the Mongolian government publishes annual quotas on the number of foreign workers allowed.  HG visas can be renewed on an annual basis.

T visa – T visas are issued to individual foreign investors in Mongolian companies or to a foreign Executive Director of a Mongolian company.  T visas are six-month or year-long multiple entry visas than can be renewed annually.  Long-term residency permits are also issued to T visa holders.  Before traveling to Mongolia a T visa must be applied for at a Mongolian consul.  Once the visitor arrives in Mongolia a long-term residency permit must be applied for.

Year-long visas cost USD130.  All visas should be obtained outside of Mongolia before travel commences.  US citizens can travel to Mongolia for a period of up to 90 days without a visa but must register if they will be in Mongolia longer than 30 days.

Disclaimer: All information regarding visas is meant for informational purposes only and is not official.  Please check with a Mongolian Embassy or the Mongolian Immigration Office for the specific visa requirements for citizens of your country.

Contact ICMC for Your Visa, Immigration, & Work Permit Needs

For further details on translation services, please contact us at